Friday, January 14, 2011

Growing boys

Just a few pictures of the boys from the past couple months. Porter is growing up so fast, he has rolled over a couple time from his tummy to his back, love to use his vocal chords to let us know that he is around, loves to watch his brother run around. This little boy is such a wiggler, he is always kicking his legs and flailing his arms and body around. He loves to chew on his thumb and finger, and is drooling like crazy, maybe we will see some teeth here pretty soon. We just took him to the doctor's for his four month well baby exam, he weighed in at 15.1 lbs (55%) and 26 inches tall(86%). As you can see he is growing up, Hayden was always in the high percentile for weight and low percentile for height. Hayden is such a great big brother, he has never once lashed out at Porter and is always willing to help me with his little brother. He is very protective of his family and will tell people, "that's my porter or my daddy/ mommy". At the start of the new year we took the plunge and potty trained, he did great! It took about a full week for him to totally have it down, and we still have a few accidents every now and then but for the most part he's done very well! Hayden is 2 and 1/2 years old and weighs 36 lbs. He is a bundle of energy and loves to horse around with his Daddy.










The Anderson house hold is doing great. TJ and I are staying busy, TJ is working in IF at Kingston Produce doing who knows what, (I don't really understand or know) and I am still working at the dentist office 3 1/2 days a week. They boy's are still going to daycare, Hayden loves it most of the time, dropping him off in the morning are the most difficult, but once I am gone he does great. I will get Christmas posted here in a few days.

7 comments:

Kari said...

wow you potty trained?? Thats great!! I knew you could do it :). They are getting so big. I can't wait til we can see you guys again. Let us know if you stop in Pocatello.

Brittany said...

And likewise, let us know when you come to Rupert/Burley. I'm jealous of the potty training. What, exactly did you do? I need help. Fast!

Anderson Family said...

Well, Kari helped us out. We would wash Hayden off in a cold shower when he had an accident saying we have to clean off the pee/poo. But that didnt totally work so we stopped doing the cold shower and I went and bought a bunch of different stickers and a poster board, he loved it! Every time he goes potty he gets to put one sticker on and every time he goes poo he get two. He is not perfect and had poo accidents sometimes but for the most part he does great! Nights we still put a diaper on him but take it off right when he wake up! I hear we are going to a basketball game in a couple weeks, cant wait to see you guys!

chelsea mckell said...

Brie, your boys are adorably handsome!

Brynne said...

Oh, Brie, they're so cute!! You can definitely tell they're brothers!

The Searles said...

Holy Cow!! Porter is getting so big! And Hayden, potty trained?! I miss you guys too much, it has been WAY too long! Can we please get together soon?! I will be texting you so we can plan a time. Hope you are doing good!!!

Staci said...

They are such cute boys and so big! I love that picture of the book wall, Hayden is so funny. Congrats on the potty training!! Glad to hear you're all doing well.