Thursday, November 18, 2010

The last 10 weeks

The last ten weeks have been so much fun being able to stay home with my boys, but my time is up. I go back to work on Monday, I have mixed emotions about going back to work. I love what I do and the people I work with, but leaving my boys 3 days a week and taking them to daycare just makes going to work so much more difficult. Its been an adjustment staying home for both myself and Hayden(Porter doesn't know any better) but i am used to it now and now we have to adjust all over again. Lets just say I am not looking forward to mornings. I will have to wake up and pump for a half hour, shower, get ready, eat breakfast, make lunch, get both boys ready and fed and out the door between 7 and 7:10 to have the boys at daycare by 7:20 and myself to work by 7:30. Yes I should/will have TJ's help but TJ is kinda slow in the mornings. And to top it off we only have ONE vehicle! I know what I want for Christmas and my birthday for the next ten years, it doesn't hurt to dream!=) So, the last ten weeks have been a blast. We have stayed in our pj's all day on several occasion, watched movies galore, read books, danced around in the front room, baked in the kitchen, took naps, had snuggle time (which is my favorite), taken pictures, had lots of visitors and so much more.
Hayden having one of his snuggle times with his brother. It fun for me to watch and have Hayden come up to me and ask, "can I hold it Mom?"
One of my favorite times of the day, look how peaceful, cute, and BIG he is.
It's even better when I get both of them sleeping at the same time. Hayden caught with his thumb/ entire hand in his mouth.
I guess he thought it would be more fun to try and color with the crayons between his toes. He makes me laugh.
It's very rare to see him sad, but when he is I love his little face. Although we went in for Porter's 2 month well baby check and he had his vaccines, I found out today he does not do well with shots, lets just say it has been a very long and fussy day for the poor boy.
I have to pump almost after every time I feed Porter to try and have a stash for when I go back to work on Monday, I guess Hayden has caught on. He has also tried to feed Porter, its pretty funny. Don't worry TJ makes sure he know that he can't and only Mom and make milk. haha
Handsome little man, growing up and getting too big!
I love this stage when they start smiling and looking at you and cooing, wow before I know it I will be doing a post about how he's rolling over, crawling, walking, and talking. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time!
Hayden loves taking baths and showers. But recently his Dad has taught him to fill his mouth full of water and spit it out, usually trying to spit it at each other. Well when I give Hayden a bath i'm not as fun and Dad and lay down the law of no water in his mouth. Yeah right,see how scared he looks of me, who am I kidding.
Look at them muscles! Oh how I am going to miss being home all day with these two little dudes in my life, but when we are home all together we are sure to have fun.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love seeing your cute family! I feel the same way about work...mornings are tough especially with one car. It helps to know I am not alone. Good Luck with the transition this time around.

Cassie said...

so sad you have to leave them and go to work! I can't imagine doing all of that Brie, you are supermom! I love the crayon pic and the pumping pic! Hilarious! Your boys are adorable!

Staci said...

The picture with Hayden and the pump cracks me up!! I feel your pain though about pumping and it's SO hard to do when you're working. I hope that the transition back to work goes well for you. In the meantime, enjoy these last few days with your adorable family!

Brynne said...

It was SO hard for me to go back to work after Cade. It will be an adjustment...and so crazy in the mornings! You're awesome. Your boys are adorable...and I agree, snuggle time is the best!!

aly said...

Love the one with Hayden pumping! Doug said you should use that pic to embarrass him with his future girlfriends haha!